Starbucks has long had an iPhone application, but now the coffee company is branching out and embracing another mobile platform as well.
The Starbucks Card Mobile App for BlackBerry will allow BlackBerry users to do basic functions with their mobile phones. It is interesting to me that it has Starbucks this long to embrace BlackBerry, as RIM devices are the number 2 selling devices in North America (and strong in Europe as well). Many professional business types utilize Starbucks, so it seems the audience was there a long time ago.
In terms of features, the new Blackberry app for Starbucks will allow users to:
- Check their Starbucks Card balance
- Reload their card with a credit card. Alternatively, you can set up automatic reloads when your balance gets to a certain threshold.
- Find nearby Starbucks stores
- Check your rewards status.
- Provide mobile payment in Starbucks stores in 1,000 Target locations and a few trial stores in Seattle and Northern California.
To get the new mobile app for BlackBerry, follow this link. The client is currently available for these more popular BlackBerry models: BlackBerry Bold, Curve, Storm, and Tour.