I had a surprise waiting for me from the UPS man today, a brand new shiny Nokia E71, courtesy of the Nokia Blogger Relations program.Â I have been very excited about this phone, ever since it was announced.
This handset if the update to the ever popular E61i, a phone I’ve written about before.Â As you can see in the photo to the right, this business-centric phone has a full QWERTY keyboard and office productivity software.Â In addition, the Nokia E71 features:
- an updated 3.2 MP camera
- GPS unit with A-GPS
- Narrow-sized keyboard for one-handed use
- Two customizable home screens.Â For me, I’ll have one for work hours and one for non-work hours (ie, no work email).
Just playing with the E71 for a few hours, here are my initial thoughts:
- This thing is FAST.Â No delay when hitting buttons – no thinking about tasks…just instant productivity and access to the phones menus and features.
- This phone is thin and sexy.Â It’s about as thick as my RAZR and fits into the pocket very well.
- Build quality seems solid.
- E-mail set up was a snap.Â I instantly had m work Exchange email running along with Gmail IMAP.
- The Switch application from Nokia instantly transferred my contacts, web bookmarks, and calendar appointments very easily.
- The screen is bright and vibrant.