SXSW Interactive, the spring time conference where the tech community descends upon Austin, Texas, is coming up once again. This year, I’ve arranged for a really cool engagement for my client, Nokia US.
We’re partnering up with Bike Hugger, the online community for cycling enthusiasts to have an awesome presence at SXSW Create. For those unfamiliar, SXSW Create is a fantastic DIY/Maker place at SXSW that brings SXSW back to its roots as a place for community, collaboration and that DIY spirit. Or as the site says:
Doing creative and revolutionary things with new technologies embodies the spirit of the SXSW Interactive Festival, and nowhere is this more evident than the diverse mix of activities at SXSW Create. From 3D printing to drones to bio-art and much more, this community event showcases the disruptive solutions that are shaping our future.
I’ll be there along with Nokia to network, dive hip-deep into biking culture and have some fun along the way. We’ll have Nokia phones to exhibit, snap photos and shoot amazing video with.
In partnership with Bike Hugger, we have amazing activities planned for each day during the weekend: including 3 bike rides, 2 speakers on mobile photography including Dan Rubin and Pei Ketron and just hanging out in Austin snapping photos and collaborating with those in the Create space.
Here’s a quick schedule of what we have planned:
- Friday, March 7th – Rapha ride, evening event with Techcraver
- Saturday, March 8th – Talks from Chris Matthews, Byron, Myriam Joire, and Dan Rubin; afternoon ride
- Sunday, March 9th – Mobile Social SXSW 14, reception
- I wanted to highlight the activity on Sunday. This is an annual event at SXSW called Mobile Social where thousands of cyclists take to the streets of Austin for a huge photo-ride. I’ll be there with my Nokia Lumia 1520 capturing all the memories being made. It’s going to be epic!
Teasing Mobile Meetup at Ginger Man
- In addition to SXSW Create, Nokia and Bike Hugger, I’ll be hosting the original Unofficial SXSW Mobile Meetup at the Ginger Man in Austin again! This will be a time for beers, phones and making new friends in the industry. My Mobile Meetup is in its 5th year and we look forward to commiserating with you again in Austin.
- Once I get sponsorship details locked down, I’ll publish the full details and Eventbrite invite!