On Saturday, Rudy Maxa recently had me on his radio show to talk about the best products and services for travelers.
First of all, this was the biggest CES ever, with new records being broken: 153.000 people attended more than 1.86 million net square feet of exhibitor space being taken up…amazing!
The coolest products I saw: the AR Drone 2.0
- It’s a helicopter with 4 blades. comes in an outdoor model and an indoor model – indor model is about the size of a small pizza box.
- can hover and is controlled by your iPhone, iPad or Android device
- New model has a High def 720p camera which plays back on your phone or can be recording.
The new model also has a pressure sensor to improve altitude control, and new electronic assistance for better navigational control than what was available in the original model.
In short, it’s an amazing speaker to pack in your overnight bag.
- is 2.25 inches high, 6 inches wide, and 1.5 inches deep. - if you were to cut a brick in the half long-ways, it’s about that big.
- bluetooth enabled and has a cord to connect with your computer, phone or iPod while on the go
- has AMAZING bass
- Is quite loud
- can also be used as a noise-cancelling bluetooth speakerphone.
- Amazon for about $180
In short, it’s a backpack that has a built-in battery pack for all your gadgets to charge, simultaneously!
- Looks like an ordinary black packpack
- Can charge a phone, an iPhone and an iPad – all at once, if necessary
- Can charge a phone about 3 times over depending on which device you have.
- You actually plug the backpack in to charge it.
- for $130 on Amazon.
FitBit Wireless activity tracker
- Monitors steps taken, steps climbed, calories burned.
- This new model has a display on the side that shows you steps, miles, calories burned and steps climbed on the device.
- syncs with your computer where you can input your diet and know an accurate calorie burned/taken in count.
- It monitors sleeps as well!
- Goes for $99 on Amazon.
- Looks like a regular USB external hard drive on the outside
- Becomes a wifi hotspot so you can stream media from it.
- Load it up before you leave on the trip, kids can watch shows/movies from their iPods, iPads over wifi.
- 500GB for less than $200, which is the price difference between a 16GB and 32GB iPad. Spend the money and let everyone play!