As many of you know, I’m a regular contributor to the Rudy Maxa’s World – a nationally syndicated weekend talkshow devoted to travel. This last weekend, I talked about tech gifts for savvy travelers.
To hear my radio appearances, check out my radio page (linked to above before).
Must have Holiday Gadgets for Travelers in 2010
Start at $139.
- Fantastic eReader – have been around forever – the first and most mainstream eReader
- Awesome battery life – up to 3-4 weeks with wireless turned off
- Holds up to 3,500 books.
- Allows you to share books between devices – on the iPhone, Android, iPod, ipad
Starts at at $499
- More expensive than the Kindle but does much more.
- Starts as an eReader but goes beyond to do any web activity.
- Tons of apps aimed at gaming, informational, publishing
- Can use a keyboard with the iPad for typing documents and emails.
- 10 hours battery life
Priced at about $500
- An all in one travel machine!
- It is a penta-band 3G phone – meaning wherever in the world you go, you can get 3G speeds on this smartphone
- 12 megapixel Camera / 720 p video
- regular flash for great looking night photos
- GPS unit with new version of Ovi Maps where you can download maps before you leave, making this a free full enabled GPS device. Apps such as tripadvisor, opentable, and weather.
Noise Canceling Headphones
Two options; Bose Quiet Comfort 15 $300 and Able Planet Extreme – $100
- Provide complete solace and quiet on long flights or in crowded airports.
- Expensive, but worth the price for the peace and quiet
- Great for enjoying movies on a flight without having to turn up the volume so loud that your ears ring.
- Fold down for easy transport and storage
- If you have a DSLR – the big nice cameras, you know wearing them can be a real pain.
- The Strapbuddy lets you carry these large cameras like a small bag and make it easy to swing the camera around and easily snap a shot when you want to.
- A portable battery pack – for when you need a charge but can’t find or get to a power outlet.
- Has two usb ports that allow you to charge two devices at one time whilst on the go
- Can charge an iPhone fully 4 times.
- Adds up to 6 hours of playback for an iPad.
- A very well built laptop bag
- TSA compliant – so you don’t have to remove your laptop from the bag when going through checkpoints
- Enough pockets and area to carry all your electronic gadgets and their various accessories including power packs, memory cards and so forth.
- Includes a tracer system – which is a barcode whereby if you lose your bag, Tumi will track you down if a good Samaritan recovers your bag.